Monday, November 21, 2011

Drill baby, drill!

That's how I learned my times tables as a child. Every week we memorized, and then was timed. Yeah. It worked ok for me, but just - ok. But when Kerry Dobry showed me a trick for the nines times table (which I've always struggled with - yes, I just admitted that at the age of 35) my jaw dropped. So, when Kerry asked me to provide the photographs for her book Math Wizards: A Fun, Family-Centered Approach to Mastering the Times Tables - I was so honored. Kerry pulled together friends and family to help celebrate and pose for the camera on a beautiful fall day. I can't wait to share all the photos from that day, but until then here's a group shot with everyone that was there to support a wonderful woman.


 
I have a good feeling about tomorrow. 
Doing what I love, too.
It feels great.
Thanks for being a part of this Angel.
Can’t wait to create art from math and families and education.
Beautiful math.
That’s adding something unique to the world, for sure.

Kerry


3 comments:

  1. tears! "community"....emphasis on the "unity" So humbling to think of the problems we can solve, way bigger than math problems, when people come together like this.I feel so blessed just to know this crew. Grateful, grateful, grateful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great looking bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW did I miss this??? Nice picture, nice memory!

    ReplyDelete